|Cropland||Orchard or Vineyard||Grazing land|
Practices by type of cover
- Compost applied to annual crops, perennial crops, vineyards, or orchards
- Compost can be purchased or produced on-farm
- Purchased compost must come from a certified compost facility.
- These practices improve the soil’s water-holding capacity, stability, and organic matter content.
- These are practices that use grass to decrease wind and water erosion and keep nutrients in the soil.
- These are practices that use trees or shrubs, not grasses, to decrease wind and water erosion.
- These practices aim to improve the productivity and sustainability of pastures and rangelands.