To apply to a SWEEP grant, applicants need to get pump efficiency tests and pump specification documents.
A pump test measures various aspects of the pump's operation. The end result of a pump test is an estimate of the overall efficiency of your pump and the cost of running it under the conditions of the test.
APEP Program eligibility
- Applicant must be a client of PG&E (since this is the company that funds the program).
- Only one incentive will be provided for any one pump in a six-year period.
- The pump test subsidy is now $100/test if the pump hasn't been tested in the last 2 years. APEP will continue to provide only one subsidized test in any 2-year period (other restrictions may apply).
- Additionally, the bowl horsepower of the pump being tested must not be less than 40 horsepower as listed on the motor/engine nameplate.
How do I apply for the APEP subsidy?
- Contact one of the participating pump test companies.(check below or click here to go to the full list.)
- Arrange for the time of test - note that the pump will have to be running for the test. You will have to sign an Access Agreement (click here to see the Agreement ) before the test and the Record of Test form after (click here to see the Record of Test form ).
- The subsidy will be paid directly to the pump test company and they will take care of all paperwork.
List of pump testing companies serving Kern, Kings and Tulare counties
|Company||Address||Phone||Cost of pump test||Contact||Part of APEP program?||Notes|
|Mid Valley Water Well Testing||P.O. Box 2479
Tulare, CA, 93275
|$250-$300 depending on location||Richard Fite||Yes||Serves Kern, Kings, Tulare, Madera and Fresno counties. At least 5 pumps to qualify to the Program|
|South Valley Pump Testing Inc.||27399 Road 148
Visalia, CA 93292
|559.802.7907||$250||Everett Fite||Yes||Also serves Fresno county. No minimum number of pumps to apply to APEP program.|
|United Pump Testing||1023 Weldon Ave
|559.930.4674||$250||Pedro Castro||Yes||Serves Fresno and Kings counties. Minimum of 4 pumps to apply to APEP program.|
|Gleim-Crown Pump, Inc.||P.O. Box 12585
Fresno, CA 93778
Fax: (559) 266-9557
|Paige Gleim||Yes||Not working with the program until October 2022. Call before 1:30 pm.|
|Wayne Cooper Ag Services||7340 Atascadero Ave
|805.235.5218||$250||Charity Doherty||Yes||Covers the Central Coast but will also cover the San Joaquin Valley if multiple pumps are being tested.|
|Pump Test Pros||
1167 Bent Rd
Modesto, CA 95357
|(209) 495-0120||$300||Devin||No||Covers the southern San Joaquin Valley. Completely booked until October 2022.|
Last updated: 08/31/2022
IMPORTANT: It's recommended to schedule a pump test with months in advance since most companies have a waiting list of 3 weeks and above.
The Program may be terminated or modified without notice. The Program has a limited budget. Applications for retrofit/repair rebates or pump tests are accepted on a first-come, first-served basis until available funds are allocated or the ending date of the program, whichever comes first. For more information contact the Program at (800) 845-6038.
The listing provided is for informational purposes only and do not constitute endorsement or recommendation by University of California Cooperative Extension, nor is criticism implied of similar companies that are not included. If you would like any vendor information added or edited, please email email@example.com