State Water Efficiency & Enhancement Program
The application period for SWEEP 2021 is now closed. You can check the awarded projects here.
Please contact UC Cooperative Extension specialist Maria Ridoutt at email@example.com for questions or help with practices implementation.
Para informacion en español haz click aqui.
SWEEP grants encourage producers to reduce both their water consumption and their greenhouse gas emissions. Successful applications must increase water efficiency and demonstrate the impact that the project will have on emissions. CDFA will award funds up to $100,000 but encourages applicants to find matching funds.
- Installation of a variable frequency drive
- Pump retrofit or replacement
- Soil moisture sensors
- Electronic weather station linked to irrigation controller
- Use of evapotranspiration (ET) based irrigation scheduling
- Conversion to micro-irrigation or drip irrigation
- Pump conversion from diesel to electric or to renewable energy such as solar
- Conversion to low-pressure irrigation system
How to Apply
The grant process includes a web-based application consisting of a series of questions that can be saved and returned to before submitting: https://www.cdfa.ca.gov/oefi/sweep/
It is helpful to obtain quotes for projects and schedule a pump efficiency test before starting the application, as you will need them to complete the application.
Please contact UC Cooperative Extension specialist Maria Ridoutt at firstname.lastname@example.org or 661-868-6205 for questions or help with the application.