The Volunteer Retreat is a volunteer development conference for volunteers and staff who work with youth. Adult volunteers, staff, and youth volunteers ages 15 and older are encouraged to attend.
At this first annual conference, you can:
- ENGAGE – connect with other volunteers who work with youth
- ENERGIZE – strengthen your positive youth development skills
- EQUIP – gain resources from booth exhibits and the Project Skills Showcase
- EMPOWER – share and learn new skills and ways to work with youth
The retreat is sponsored and organized by the University of California 4-H Youth Development Program, a statewide program of the University of California Division of Agriculture and Natural Resources.
On Friday, Nov. 8th there are several all day workshops to choose from:
- 4-H Club Leader Essentials Certification
- Heartsaver First Aid, CPR, AED Certfication
- Ignite 4-H Civic Opportunities for Youth
- Project Learning Tree Educator workshop
- The Nuts and Bolts of 4-H Computer Science
- Youth Mental Health First Aid Certification
Project Skills Showcase
The Showcase is designed for exhibitors to share new project ideas and resources with all of the attendees at the retreat, not just those who sign up for their workshop. The Showcases's exhibit environment allows you to roam and stop by the different booths to learn and practice the skills necessary to put what you learn into practice with the youth you work with.
Saturday 10:15 to 5:00 pm; Sunday 8:30 am to 10:00 am
Session topics will address one of the following categories of volunteer development to build or increase the participant’s knowledge, skills, and/or experiences in specific subject matter.
- Positive Youth Development
Products and services designed for volunteers, program staff, and educators serving club-based programs, expanded learning, after school, out-of-school time, or agriculture.
Early Bird May 13-June 30
Regular July 1-Sept 9
Late Sept 10-Oct 7
Book accommodations by September 9th to receive the Volunteer Retreat package on rooms and meals.
Get more information, registration links, and updates on the e4: The Volunteer Retreat event site.
Spread the Word
Download our flyer and share!